AW

Ancient Warfare magazine

Monday, March 16, 2015

New Terrain Project Started

Frustrated with the lack of building models for the ancient Greek and Romans (seriously I had to do a lot of searching; in the end not really worth the price!), I have decided to start some new terrain projects. I wont go in to too much detail here as of yet. Enough to say that I will blog my progress and hopefully add a section here covering making your own "ancients" terrain for use in your own battles. Keep in mind that anyone who knows me, knows that I love making terrain out of simple things - and make things QUICKLY! I am not a scale modeler; I am a wargamer! So my hand-made terrain not only needs to be practical and useful, but easy and QUICK to make!

A marching camp and temple!
 
I am using straws and card to make the temple structure. The dome is foam. Yes, I had to form and sculpt the dome by hand - no balls laying about at the moment :/

Note that in the picture above I am using card circles to form the floor and ceiling. One little nifty trick I will share - use steel washers of various sizes as a template to cut "perfect" circles out of card! :)

A good start so far.
 
 I will be adding more temples, camps, fortress walls and towers, as well as plenty of city dwellings. Perfect for my ancients gaming.  Hopefully I can get some of these guys done by our next DBA battle this weekend. Stay tunned! :)
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment